AIA Group, the parent company of life insurer AIA Australia, has reported a 26 per cent growth in the value of new business (VONB) for the full year ending 30 November 2015.
In a statement, AIA Group reported its VONB has grown to US$2.198 billion for year, a 26 per cent increase (on a constant exchange rate basis) from US$1.845 billion in the previous year.
In addition to the increase in VONB, AIA also reported its annualised new premiums had increased 14 per cent to US$3.991 billion.
The company added that AIA Australia continues to "play an important role" in driving the group's results.
"Despite the recent volatility and uncertainty in global financial markets, Asia remains the most attractive and dynamic region for life insurance in the world," AIA Group chief executive Mark Tucker said.
"The life insurance industry continues to benefit from significant structural economic and demographic trends, rapid urbanisation and growth in disposable incomes across the region.
"We are confident that AIA's leading businesses across Asia provide us with an advantaged position," he added.
Also commenting on the results, AIA Australia chief executive Damien Mu said: "AIA Group has continued to perform well in 2015, and we are proud to be a part of that success in Australia."
He added: "We continue to focus on retention of our key partnerships while we continue to grow. Also, we are pleased with the progress made with the AIA Vitality program, which is enhancing the conversation and engagement around life insurance and wellbeing with over 11,000 people now signed up."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all