A BlackRock exec is set to join IOOF as the group's new general manager of distribution, following the creation of a new wealth management division in December 2015.
Mark Oliver joins IOOF with wide financial services industry experience, having spent time at Credit Suisse, Barclays Global Investors and most recently BlackRock and iShares where he was managing director in Australia.
In these positions, Mr Oliver focused on building client-oriented businesses and leading cross-functional teams through transformational growth, IOOF said.
The creation of the new wealth management division also saw Renato Mota promoted to the position of general manager for wealth management.
Commenting on the appointment, Mr Mota said: "Mark's experience in the wealth management advisory market working with clients to develop differentiated solutions – driven through client insights – complements IOOF's existing strengths and our open architecture model, and we are very excited to have Mark join our senior management team".
Mr Oliver will commence with IOOF on 29 February and will be based in IOOF's Sydney office.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all