A BlackRock exec is set to join IOOF as the group's new general manager of distribution, following the creation of a new wealth management division in December 2015.
Mark Oliver joins IOOF with wide financial services industry experience, having spent time at Credit Suisse, Barclays Global Investors and most recently BlackRock and iShares where he was managing director in Australia.
In these positions, Mr Oliver focused on building client-oriented businesses and leading cross-functional teams through transformational growth, IOOF said.
The creation of the new wealth management division also saw Renato Mota promoted to the position of general manager for wealth management.
Commenting on the appointment, Mr Mota said: "Mark's experience in the wealth management advisory market working with clients to develop differentiated solutions – driven through client insights – complements IOOF's existing strengths and our open architecture model, and we are very excited to have Mark join our senior management team".
Mr Oliver will commence with IOOF on 29 February and will be based in IOOF's Sydney office.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 11:30Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 11:26US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 11:30Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- view all