A BlackRock exec is set to join IOOF as the group's new general manager of distribution, following the creation of a new wealth management division in December 2015.
Mark Oliver joins IOOF with wide financial services industry experience, having spent time at Credit Suisse, Barclays Global Investors and most recently BlackRock and iShares where he was managing director in Australia.
In these positions, Mr Oliver focused on building client-oriented businesses and leading cross-functional teams through transformational growth, IOOF said.
The creation of the new wealth management division also saw Renato Mota promoted to the position of general manager for wealth management.
Commenting on the appointment, Mr Mota said: "Mark's experience in the wealth management advisory market working with clients to develop differentiated solutions – driven through client insights – complements IOOF's existing strengths and our open architecture model, and we are very excited to have Mark join our senior management team".
Mr Oliver will commence with IOOF on 29 February and will be based in IOOF's Sydney office.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Mar 2019Westpac announces exit from financial adviceBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- view all