BT Financial Group has announced a new general manager of insurance to replace David Lees, who departed last year.
Sue Houghton, a former executive of IAG and Wesfarmers, will take up the role on March 7, 2016. She will oversee both the company's life and general insurance divisions.
"Sue is a highly regarded member of Australia's insurance industry and we are delighted she is joining our executive to lead the insurance business as it continues to grow," BT Financial Group chief executive Brad Cooper said.
Ms Houghton said it was an "exciting and challenging time" in the industry, and she was looking forward to starting her work in the role.
"BT has been very progressive in developing its insurance business – driving better customer experiences and service delivery through progressive partnerships, innovative product development and customer-centred processes," Ms Houghton said.
"I am looking forward to continuing the momentum BT has created as well as working in partnership with the investments, advice and superannuation businesses within the group."
Mr Lees, who formerly held the position, moved to Westpac to take up the role of deputy chief financial officer.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all