BT Financial Group has announced a new general manager of insurance to replace David Lees, who departed last year.
Sue Houghton, a former executive of IAG and Wesfarmers, will take up the role on March 7, 2016. She will oversee both the company's life and general insurance divisions.
"Sue is a highly regarded member of Australia's insurance industry and we are delighted she is joining our executive to lead the insurance business as it continues to grow," BT Financial Group chief executive Brad Cooper said.
Ms Houghton said it was an "exciting and challenging time" in the industry, and she was looking forward to starting her work in the role.
"BT has been very progressive in developing its insurance business – driving better customer experiences and service delivery through progressive partnerships, innovative product development and customer-centred processes," Ms Houghton said.
"I am looking forward to continuing the momentum BT has created as well as working in partnership with the investments, advice and superannuation businesses within the group."
Mr Lees, who formerly held the position, moved to Westpac to take up the role of deputy chief financial officer.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018ASIC flexes its muscles at independent advisersBy James Mitchell
- 15 Nov 2018FPA hands down $50,000 fine on Sam HendersonBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018Adviser reviews critical to client retentionBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- view all