BT Financial Group has announced a new general manager of insurance to replace David Lees, who departed last year.
Sue Houghton, a former executive of IAG and Wesfarmers, will take up the role on March 7, 2016. She will oversee both the company's life and general insurance divisions.
"Sue is a highly regarded member of Australia's insurance industry and we are delighted she is joining our executive to lead the insurance business as it continues to grow," BT Financial Group chief executive Brad Cooper said.
Ms Houghton said it was an "exciting and challenging time" in the industry, and she was looking forward to starting her work in the role.
"BT has been very progressive in developing its insurance business – driving better customer experiences and service delivery through progressive partnerships, innovative product development and customer-centred processes," Ms Houghton said.
"I am looking forward to continuing the momentum BT has created as well as working in partnership with the investments, advice and superannuation businesses within the group."
Mr Lees, who formerly held the position, moved to Westpac to take up the role of deputy chief financial officer.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019ASIC imposes conditions on Sydney licenseeBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019FASEA locks in educational pathways policyBy Adrian Flores
- view all