BT Financial Group has announced a new general manager of insurance to replace David Lees, who departed last year.
Sue Houghton, a former executive of IAG and Wesfarmers, will take up the role on March 7, 2016. She will oversee both the company's life and general insurance divisions.
"Sue is a highly regarded member of Australia's insurance industry and we are delighted she is joining our executive to lead the insurance business as it continues to grow," BT Financial Group chief executive Brad Cooper said.
Ms Houghton said it was an "exciting and challenging time" in the industry, and she was looking forward to starting her work in the role.
"BT has been very progressive in developing its insurance business – driving better customer experiences and service delivery through progressive partnerships, innovative product development and customer-centred processes," Ms Houghton said.
"I am looking forward to continuing the momentum BT has created as well as working in partnership with the investments, advice and superannuation businesses within the group."
Mr Lees, who formerly held the position, moved to Westpac to take up the role of deputy chief financial officer.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jun 2018FASEA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Sexual harassment debate sparked in US advice industryBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018Dealer group to appear before royal commission’s fourth roundBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018BT turns off grandfathered commissions for salaried advisersBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Jun 2018Product providers back Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018Consultant calls for ‘restricted’ product adviceBy Tim Stewart
- view all