Non-aligned wealth group Omniwealth has appointed a new managing partner and partner to its business advisory team as the company looks to place more focus on its SME clients.
In a statement, managing director of Omniwealth Matthew Kidd said Duncan Barber has been appointed to the role of managing partner of business advisory and Kelly Reedman has been appointed as a partner.
Prior to joining Omniwealth's business advisory team, both Mr Barber and Ms Reedman worked for Grange Business Partners.
Commenting on the appointments, Mr Kidd said non-aligned wealth and financial planning advisory groups "need an edge" to win and retain small business owners as clients.
"SME owners and professionals are time-poor and we are seeing a good response to our one-stop service for accounting, financial planning, mortgage and finance and legal services.
"It is becoming more common to have a client come in for the day and have our professionals work on every component – from their finances and assets to their business to their SMSF and trusts to their retirement/succession plans," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all