The FPA has added a new feature to its 'Find a Planner' online directory that enables consumers to contact advisers directly.
In a statement, the association said the add-on allows consumers to send messages to financial planners. In addition, listed planners can now upload photographs to personalise their profiles.
FPA chief executive Mark Rantall said the changes are in response to research that shows online tools are the "second most popular" source of information after family and friends for those seeking advice.
"It's therefore important that we evolve to offer new opportunities that ensure Australians can easily engage with financial planners in a way that suits them best, in this case from a PC, tablet or mobile phone," Mr Rantall said.
"We know that many Australians don't know where to find high-quality financial advice. The latest features make it easy for consumers to interact with a financial planner they can trust."
Mr Rantall added that he recommends CFP professionals and Financial Planner AFP members to update their Find a Planner profile by uploading a photo as well as a summary about themselves.
"The FPA vision, 'Through our members, we stand with Australians for a better financial future' is something the FPA lives and breathes every single day," he said.
"We see our latest technological upgrade as another important step towards helping Australians build a better financial future."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Jul 2018Adviser incentives still valuable: ElixirBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Jul 2018ETF industry hits record high in 2018By Reporter
- 16 Jul 2018Investors place support behind FinPalBy Charbel Kadib
- 13 Jul 2018FASEA exam may disadvantage clients: ConsultantBy Miranda Brownlee
- 13 Jul 2018Industry associations respond to FASEA updateBy Killian Plastow
- 13 Jul 2018Profile Financial Services acquires regional practiceBy Reporter
- view all