A new website, brainchild of the Australian Corporate Bond Company (ACBC), has been launched to help advisers calculate the potential outcomes of investing in exchange-traded bond units (XTBs).
The website features two portals tailored to advisers: a two-way yield and price calculator covering fixed and floating bond rates, and a cash-flow tool that enables advisers to build a portfolio of 10 XTBs and see the timeline of coupon payments during the life of the investment, an ACBC statement said.
ACBC chief executive Richard Murphy said the website allows advisers to further understand how XTBs and corporate bonds can benefit their clients' portfolios.
"With more functionality and interactivity, our new website supports users through the educational journey," he said.
"For advisers, we've also developed a more advanced cash-flow modelling tool that allows advisers to gain further detailed analysis to assist them in implementing their client portfolios."
The website also features interactive elements such as explanatory videos and scrolling tickers that contain detailed information on each XTB, the statement said.
"In just the first few weeks of the website going live, we've seen a broad range of XTBs added to portfolios via our tools and calculators, indicating that both the tools and the product are resonating well with the market," Mr Murphy said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2017Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- view all