Financial planning software provider Midwinter has appointed Helen Thom as its new head of distribution while adding to its sales and support team in anticipation of further business growth.
Initially hired as a senior business development manager, Ms Thom will now lead the distribution team – replacing Peter Burns, who resigned in 2015 – as Midwinter looks to expand in 2016.
Also from within the business, Midwinter has appointed Evan Polos as its new head of support, and Robert Koorey as a BDM.
The software provider said it also has "several new hires underway" for its customer service and support division.
Commenting on the expansion of the company's team, Midwinter managing director Julian Plummer said 2015 was a period of "rapid growth" for the business and a "massive year" for fintech in general.
"With many new clients coming on board and with Midwinter's digital advice solution due for release a couple months from now, it was evident we needed to accommodate for the demand to ensure that Midwinter continues its good reputation of quality customer service, training and support," he said.
"By expanding the distribution team, we are guaranteeing that we continue to adequately meet the needs of all our clients – both large and small."
Commenting further on the current interest and growth in fintech, Mr Plummer said there is plenty of activity in the software area.
"APIs expanding the breadth of planning application, the onset of digital, virtual and remote advice, straight-through processing to registry systems and increasingly complex SMSF requirements – there is a need to have a team which speaks the language of advisers and is also conversant with the latest technology trends," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018Former BT exec joins mortgage and financial advice groupBy Reporter
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- view all