Financial planning software provider Midwinter has appointed Helen Thom as its new head of distribution while adding to its sales and support team in anticipation of further business growth.
Initially hired as a senior business development manager, Ms Thom will now lead the distribution team – replacing Peter Burns, who resigned in 2015 – as Midwinter looks to expand in 2016.
Also from within the business, Midwinter has appointed Evan Polos as its new head of support, and Robert Koorey as a BDM.
The software provider said it also has "several new hires underway" for its customer service and support division.
Commenting on the expansion of the company's team, Midwinter managing director Julian Plummer said 2015 was a period of "rapid growth" for the business and a "massive year" for fintech in general.
"With many new clients coming on board and with Midwinter's digital advice solution due for release a couple months from now, it was evident we needed to accommodate for the demand to ensure that Midwinter continues its good reputation of quality customer service, training and support," he said.
"By expanding the distribution team, we are guaranteeing that we continue to adequately meet the needs of all our clients – both large and small."
Commenting further on the current interest and growth in fintech, Mr Plummer said there is plenty of activity in the software area.
"APIs expanding the breadth of planning application, the onset of digital, virtual and remote advice, straight-through processing to registry systems and increasingly complex SMSF requirements – there is a need to have a team which speaks the language of advisers and is also conversant with the latest technology trends," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 May 2017IOOF breakaway group sets up AFSLBy Aleks Vickovich
- 26 May 2017Midwinter launches new calculator for advisersBy Staff Reporter
- 26 May 2017IOOF announces new online trading functionalityBy Staff Reporter
- 26 May 2017Australia beats global average for financial literacyBy Staff Reporter
- 25 May 2017AMP looks to salaried channel for revenueBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- 25 May 2017ASIC commissioner reappointedBy Staff Reporter
- view all