SuiteBox, a virtual advice software provider, has grabbed first place in the mobile category at a global fintech competition held in London last week.
The KPMG Fintech Innovation Challenge presents global fintech companies to a panel of financial institutions including Westpac, Nationwide and Rabobank, a statement issued by SuiteBox said.
Commenting on the start-up's win, SuiteBox chief executive Richard Mannell said the award is recognition of the opportunity that virtual advice affords.
"This success is a ringing endorsement of the opportunity for truly mobile virtual meetings between professionals and their clients across many industries," he said.
"SuiteBox is excited to be at the forefront of delivering mobile office solutions globally."
Speaking previously to ifa's sister publication Adviser Innovation, SuiteBox country head, Ian Dunbar, said the solution is particularly beneficial for advisers, allowing them to conduct and store online meetings.
"The concept of this meeting room is that the adviser and client can go in and out of and interact with each other on a continuous basis," Mr Dunbar said.
He also noted that the solution is beneficial from a compliance perspective since being able to store client meetings eliminates any future risk of confusion or dispute.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019ASIC imposes conditions on Sydney licenseeBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019FASEA locks in educational pathways policyBy Adrian Flores
- view all