Queensland based, AMP-aligned financial planning firm Isis Financial Planners will change its name to improve marketability.
The planning group is part of accountancy and tax advice Isis & Associates in Caboolture. Last week the managing partner of the accountancy side of the business, Adi Kostza, told News Corp publications that its current name had "slowed down traffic" on its website due to connotations with the international terrorist group.
The business will now be known as Cube, with the financial planning arm following suit. From 2016 it will be known as Cube Strategic Partners.
Speaking to ifa, Mr Kostza said the business was changing its business plan from a referral-centric one to one centering on SEO principles.
"Our name was never a problem when we were using referrals, but now that we'll just be a company name on a page it is different," he said.
According to its website, Isis Financial Planners has been operating in the Caboolture area for more than 25 years.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:36Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 09:36Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- 09:36Synchron launches app for adviser developmentBy Reporter
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- view all