Queensland based, AMP-aligned financial planning firm Isis Financial Planners will change its name to improve marketability.
The planning group is part of accountancy and tax advice Isis & Associates in Caboolture. Last week the managing partner of the accountancy side of the business, Adi Kostza, told News Corp publications that its current name had "slowed down traffic" on its website due to connotations with the international terrorist group.
The business will now be known as Cube, with the financial planning arm following suit. From 2016 it will be known as Cube Strategic Partners.
Speaking to ifa, Mr Kostza said the business was changing its business plan from a referral-centric one to one centering on SEO principles.
"Our name was never a problem when we were using referrals, but now that we'll just be a company name on a page it is different," he said.
According to its website, Isis Financial Planners has been operating in the Caboolture area for more than 25 years.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all