Queensland based, AMP-aligned financial planning firm Isis Financial Planners will change its name to improve marketability.
The planning group is part of accountancy and tax advice Isis & Associates in Caboolture. Last week the managing partner of the accountancy side of the business, Adi Kostza, told News Corp publications that its current name had "slowed down traffic" on its website due to connotations with the international terrorist group.
The business will now be known as Cube, with the financial planning arm following suit. From 2016 it will be known as Cube Strategic Partners.
Speaking to ifa, Mr Kostza said the business was changing its business plan from a referral-centric one to one centering on SEO principles.
"Our name was never a problem when we were using referrals, but now that we'll just be a company name on a page it is different," he said.
According to its website, Isis Financial Planners has been operating in the Caboolture area for more than 25 years.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Jun 2018Henderson Maxwell to merge with AZ NGA firmBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018Aon caught lying about Dover licensing offerBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018FASEA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Sexual harassment debate sparked in advice industryBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018Clear KPIs a key adviser motivator: reportBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Dealer group to appear before royal commission’s fourth roundBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all