Queensland based, AMP-aligned financial planning firm Isis Financial Planners will change its name to improve marketability.
The planning group is part of accountancy and tax advice Isis & Associates in Caboolture. Last week the managing partner of the accountancy side of the business, Adi Kostza, told News Corp publications that its current name had "slowed down traffic" on its website due to connotations with the international terrorist group.
The business will now be known as Cube, with the financial planning arm following suit. From 2016 it will be known as Cube Strategic Partners.
Speaking to ifa, Mr Kostza said the business was changing its business plan from a referral-centric one to one centering on SEO principles.
"Our name was never a problem when we were using referrals, but now that we'll just be a company name on a page it is different," he said.
According to its website, Isis Financial Planners has been operating in the Caboolture area for more than 25 years.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- view all