Non-aligned wealth group Omniwealth has appointed a chief operating officer to build its advisory and succession planning service across the group.
Atle Crowe-Maxwell will also be a director of the group, joining from BDO where he was most recently partner for business recovery and insolvency.
"The synergies between an accounting practice and a financial planning practice all working together offer the right mix to assist businesses as they grow and mature. Owners need advice around the best strategy and structure for the business to weather the current business climate and succeed," Mr Crowe-Maxwell said.
"While estate planning has become a growth area for financial planners, succession planning has been overlooked or misunderstood by a lot of professionals advising SMEs. The progressive retirement of baby boomers has brought the question of succession to centre stage for many companies and their family owner members."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all