Non-aligned wealth group Omniwealth has appointed a chief operating officer to build its advisory and succession planning service across the group.
Atle Crowe-Maxwell will also be a director of the group, joining from BDO where he was most recently partner for business recovery and insolvency.
"The synergies between an accounting practice and a financial planning practice all working together offer the right mix to assist businesses as they grow and mature. Owners need advice around the best strategy and structure for the business to weather the current business climate and succeed," Mr Crowe-Maxwell said.
"While estate planning has become a growth area for financial planners, succession planning has been overlooked or misunderstood by a lot of professionals advising SMEs. The progressive retirement of baby boomers has brought the question of succession to centre stage for many companies and their family owner members."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:19AMP names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 21 Aug 2018Government releases 2018 financial literacy strategyBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2018Momentum Media names new ifa editorBy Reporter
- 10:00Corporate raider lobs ‘opportunistic’ bid for advice groupBy James Mitchell
- 21 Aug 2018Product design laws could ‘undermine’ FOFABy Tim Stewart
- 20 Aug 2018Carve-outs must be addressed before commissions: AIOFPBy Reporter
- view all