Non-aligned wealth group Omniwealth has appointed a chief operating officer to build its advisory and succession planning service across the group.
Atle Crowe-Maxwell will also be a director of the group, joining from BDO where he was most recently partner for business recovery and insolvency.
"The synergies between an accounting practice and a financial planning practice all working together offer the right mix to assist businesses as they grow and mature. Owners need advice around the best strategy and structure for the business to weather the current business climate and succeed," Mr Crowe-Maxwell said.
"While estate planning has become a growth area for financial planners, succession planning has been overlooked or misunderstood by a lot of professionals advising SMEs. The progressive retirement of baby boomers has brought the question of succession to centre stage for many companies and their family owner members."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Dec 2018Court lays charges against former Sydney adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018ASIC permanently bans Victorian adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Melbourne-based dealer group loses AFSLBy James Mitchell
- 18 Dec 2018AFA appoints new chair of women advocacy bodyBy Sarah Simpkins
- 17 Dec 2018AMP challenged by ASIC on fees for service conductBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Dec 2018FASEA names provider for adviser examBy Adrian Flores
- view all