Non-aligned wealth group Omniwealth has appointed a chief operating officer to build its advisory and succession planning service across the group.
Atle Crowe-Maxwell will also be a director of the group, joining from BDO where he was most recently partner for business recovery and insolvency.
"The synergies between an accounting practice and a financial planning practice all working together offer the right mix to assist businesses as they grow and mature. Owners need advice around the best strategy and structure for the business to weather the current business climate and succeed," Mr Crowe-Maxwell said.
"While estate planning has become a growth area for financial planners, succession planning has been overlooked or misunderstood by a lot of professionals advising SMEs. The progressive retirement of baby boomers has brought the question of succession to centre stage for many companies and their family owner members."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Oct 2017Midwinter and PractiFI announce integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Hub24 announces partnership with EurozBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Former NZ PM joins ANZBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017IRESS and SuiteBox announce Xplan integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Oct 2017Shipton ‘most qualified’ for ASIC role: O’DwyerBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all