Non-aligned wealth group Omniwealth has appointed a chief operating officer to build its advisory and succession planning service across the group.
Atle Crowe-Maxwell will also be a director of the group, joining from BDO where he was most recently partner for business recovery and insolvency.
"The synergies between an accounting practice and a financial planning practice all working together offer the right mix to assist businesses as they grow and mature. Owners need advice around the best strategy and structure for the business to weather the current business climate and succeed," Mr Crowe-Maxwell said.
"While estate planning has become a growth area for financial planners, succession planning has been overlooked or misunderstood by a lot of professionals advising SMEs. The progressive retirement of baby boomers has brought the question of succession to centre stage for many companies and their family owner members."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 05:37Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Feb 2019Great advisers are going to thrive: Dow JonesBy Eliot Hastie
- view all