BT and Hub24 have added global investment manager PineBridge Investments' Global Dynamic Absolute Return Fund to their respective platforms, BT Wrap and Hub24 Invest.
The fund recently received a 'Recommended' rating from Zenith Investment Partners, and an 'Investment Grade' rating from Lonsec Research. PineBridge said that following its addition to the BT Wrap and Hub24 Invest platforms, it will aim to expand to other retail platforms.
"We are working with a number of leading platform providers and will look to expand our distribution footprint in 2016," PineBridge managing director for Australia Clinton Grobler said.
"In addition, we are having a number of discussions with the wholesale market about how [the fund] can be used within a portfolio.
"This is a positive sign as we believe the portfolios of tomorrow require a dynamic approach to asset allocation," he said.
"As we move into what is widely expected to be a lower-return, higher-risk investment environment, we believe an active and dynamic asset allocation process that has the ability to invest in a broad set of assets will be best placed to meet investors' objectives," Mr Grobler added.
According to the investment manager, the fund's investment objective is to achieve "attractive absolute return", primarily through managing both asset allocation market exposure and through alpha generated from selected investment strategies.
"The objective is to deliver an investment return of CPI+5 cent per annum before fees over rolling five-year periods," PineBridge said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all