Non-aligned dealer group Bombora Advice has appointed Kevin Martin as the risk specialist group's new chairman.
In a statement, Bombora said Mr Martin will commence in his new role in January 2016, marking a "significant milestone" in the organisation's push to become the "professional services firm of the future".
Currently, Mr Martin is managing director of consulting firm Alto Nominees; executive director of RYCO Group; and a non-executive director of Agrocel Industries and the Children’s Cancer Foundation.
He has also held executive positions with Linfox Group; a non-executive position with Excel Crop Care; and was CFO of Nufarm Ltd for 17 years.
The financial services industry continues to undergo change in response to new legislation and regulations, said Mr Martin, but he believes Bombora is very well positioned to succeed with these changes.
“I believe the outlook is very promising for Bombora as it is well positioned to succeed in this environment and I look forward to contributing to the advancement of the organisation,” he said.
“As a business, Bombora has very solid fundamentals, strong growth potential and an experienced, capable executive team led by Wayne Handley. I look forward to working with Wayne and Bombora’s principal partners to grasp and capitalise on the many opportunities that the group’s strategic plan and new era will provide.”
Bombora managing director Wayne Handley added, "I am delighted to welcome such an experienced, highly regarded business professional to chair [the group]".
"Kevin's extensive expertise and executive management skills will help to guide the organisation to attain its objectives to operate under a corporate model in the new professional advice era," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018War with Dover ‘destroyed me’, says ex-adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018Macquarie adds Insight fund to platformBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- view all