Tom Pockett, a former deputy chief financial officer of the Commonwealth Bank, has been appointed as a director of robo-advice firm Ignition Wealth's advisory board.
Mr Pockett, currently a non-executive director of Stockland Group and Insurance Australia Group Limited, joins the board following the appointment of Peter Meurer as inaugural chairman.
As well as previously working for CBA, he has served as a finance director for Woolworths.
Commenting on Mr Pockett's appointment, Ignition Wealth chief executive Mark Fordree said, "The outstanding quality of the financial industry leaders joining the Ignition Wealth team is a reflection of the excellence of the product we are bringing to market."
The firm said its online advice service will be launched later this year.
Currently, Ignition Wealth has long-term relationships with a number of large super funds which white label the same technology to produce financial calculators, illustrators and advice tools, a statement from the firm said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all