Tom Pockett, a former deputy chief financial officer of the Commonwealth Bank, has been appointed as a director of robo-advice firm Ignition Wealth's advisory board.
Mr Pockett, currently a non-executive director of Stockland Group and Insurance Australia Group Limited, joins the board following the appointment of Peter Meurer as inaugural chairman.
As well as previously working for CBA, he has served as a finance director for Woolworths.
Commenting on Mr Pockett's appointment, Ignition Wealth chief executive Mark Fordree said, "The outstanding quality of the financial industry leaders joining the Ignition Wealth team is a reflection of the excellence of the product we are bringing to market."
The firm said its online advice service will be launched later this year.
Currently, Ignition Wealth has long-term relationships with a number of large super funds which white label the same technology to produce financial calculators, illustrators and advice tools, a statement from the firm said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Mar 2018Nick Hakes to depart AFABy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Mar 2018Stockbrokers association launches education pathwayBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Mar 2018AFA to push for changes to FASEA guidanceBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Mar 2018Lonsec Research boss joins IOOFBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Mar 2018FASEA acknowledges reform ‘challenging’ advisersBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Mar 2018Product bias under royal commission microscopeBy Jessica Yun
- view all