Tom Pockett, a former deputy chief financial officer of the Commonwealth Bank, has been appointed as a director of robo-advice firm Ignition Wealth's advisory board.
Mr Pockett, currently a non-executive director of Stockland Group and Insurance Australia Group Limited, joins the board following the appointment of Peter Meurer as inaugural chairman.
As well as previously working for CBA, he has served as a finance director for Woolworths.
Commenting on Mr Pockett's appointment, Ignition Wealth chief executive Mark Fordree said, "The outstanding quality of the financial industry leaders joining the Ignition Wealth team is a reflection of the excellence of the product we are bringing to market."
The firm said its online advice service will be launched later this year.
Currently, Ignition Wealth has long-term relationships with a number of large super funds which white label the same technology to produce financial calculators, illustrators and advice tools, a statement from the firm said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Sep 2018McMaster slams ASIC: ‘They knew about our CPP in 2016’By James Mitchell
- 17 Sep 2018ASIC wants a confession from McMasterBy James Mitchell
- 17 Sep 2018ASIC takes Dover director to courtBy James Mitchell
- 17 Sep 2018ASIC gives permanent ban to unlicensed adviserBy Adrian Flores
- view all