Non-aligned dealer group Fitzpatricks Private Wealth has appointed a former AMP executive to the new role of manager, advice excellence.
Rob Thomas joined Fitzpatricks after working as AMP's senior executive for research and technical for three years. His new role is to enhance the group's integrated support services for its advisers and their clients.
Mr Thomas was attracted to Fitzpatricks' dynamism, quality of support services and the enablement of high-quality advice by giving greater choice to advisers, according to a statement.
"Fitzpatricks has a well-known heritage of putting its clients' interests first. But what has already impressed me is the advice-centred approach, the collegiate culture and the professionalism of the team," Mr Thomas said.
"I am very much looking forward to working with the advisers who make up the Fitzpatricks network and applying my sector knowledge and experience to help further integrate excellence within the core advice offer."
This latest appointment comes as Fitzpatricks is seeing growth in the number of advisers joining its AFSL, the statement said.
Fitzpatricks Private Wealth chief executive John Woodley said Mr Thomas "joins at a critical juncture for our firm as we expand operations around the country".
"Synchronising the high standards of our core advice philosophy, as well as the delivery of the practical technical, governance and advice tools is a key task for Rob in his new role," Mr Woodley said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:32ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 09:32FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- 09:30Premium China Funds lowers fees on fundBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all