A raft of awards, including the coveted AFA Rising Star of the Year Award and the AFA Recognition Awards have been handed out, as the AFA 2015 National Adviser Conference kicks off in Cairns.
The 2015 AFA Rising Star of the Year Award – which recognises an adviser who provides quality advice, is committed to education and who contributes widely – was presented to Kylie George of Harvest Wealth.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said Ms George is an outstanding example, demonstrating that the future of financial advice is in great hands.
"Kylie has proven that she is on a quest to be the very best financial adviser she can be," Mr Fox said, announcing the award. "She provides great advice to clients in the Harvest Wealth practice, has invested above and beyond in terms of personal and professional development, is an incredible networker and is passionate about her chosen career.
"It is people like Kylie who will ensure the future of our profession and the vital role it plays in providing great advice for more Australians," he said.
The award – now in its 11th year – is designed to reward and encourage new advisers and attract new talent to the financial advice profession, added Neil Younger of ANZ Wealth.
"As an industry, we all are driven to see clients get the best outcomes from quality advice. Kylie is a shining example of how this is done and a role model," he said.
The award is an important adjunct to the AFA's GenXt initiative, an AFA Community of Practice that supports advisers who are seeking improvement, particularly early on in their careers.
The 2015 AFA Recognition Awards were also handed out to Zurich's Richard Dunkerley; IOOF's Nathan Morgan; CommInsure's Olivia Sarah-Le Lacheur; and The Beddoes Institute's Rebecca Smails.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all