Non-bank-aligned dealer group Wealth Today is the latest advice firm to ink a deal with financial planning software company Midwinter to use its cloud-based software package throughout its business.
Wealth Today has 62 practices nationwide and will roll out Midwinter's AdviceOS software to planners across the country.
Managing director of Wealth Today Greg Pennells said his company existed specifically to facilitate the integration of financial planning into existing appropriate businesses and to take sound financial individual advice to everyday Australians.
"We felt our current technology was no longer supporting the direction we wanted to take our business. Although we do not mandate which software our advisers use, the partnership formed with Midwinter has allowed us to offer the latest in financial planning technology to Wealth Today advisers," he said.
"Comprehensive strategy and modelling capabilities of AdviceOS will help assist our advisers in meeting their fiduciary responsibilities and produce the most appropriate advice for their circumstances. Furthermore, the straight through processing capacity that Midwinter provides us with means we can produce SOAs far more accurately and efficiently than with our previous model."
Commenting on the partnership, Midwinter managing director Julian Plummer said he is "pleased that Midwinter has the opportunity to be rolling out our software solutions to Wealth Today advisers around the country and to take on the responsibility and trust that comes with being their preferred option when it comes to financial planning technology. We look forward to working with Wealth Today and helping them to make their advice businesses as efficient as possible".
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all