TAL has appointed former AMP senior advice executive Steve Helmich as the chair of its risk specialist dealer group Affinia, also naming Marcus O'Sullivan as the new head for the business.
Mr Helmich, a prominent advice executive at AMP, joins Affinia in the role having departed from AMP in September 2015.
Commenting on the appointment, TAL chief executive Brett Clark said it was important for the risk specialist dealer group.
"We are very excited that Steve will chair the Affinia board. Steve has had an outstanding career in financial services and financial advice in particular," Mr Clark said.
"It is crucial that our board has strong governance structures in place and I am confident Steve will provide unique expertise and insight for our Affinia business to help drive our growth ambition. I am absolutely delighted he has accepted the role of Chair," he said.
Along with Mr Helmich's appointment, TAL also announced that Marcus O'Sullivan will take up the role of head of the insurer's advice business.
Former head Craig Parker – who launched Affinia – will be working with TAL on new opportunities inside the company, the statement said.
"Marcus is passionate about financial advice and has over 20 years' experience and has held a number of senior management positions across life companies, reinsurers and dealer groups, including chief underwriter and director of life-risk," Mr Clark said.
"I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Craig Parker for his leadership of Affinia."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Fund managers charging fees for underperformanceBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Government minister to address AFA conferenceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- view all