Shaw and Partners has made two new senior appointments as part of the expansion and development of its institutional business.
The company has appointed Peter Zuk to its research team as its new REIT analyst and Renae Ridley as its new head of corporate access.
Prior to his appointment with Shaw and Partners, Mr Zuk worked for Goldman Sachs and the Goodman Group where he provided advice on a number of large corporate deals in Australia and across the Asia Pacific.
Ms Ridley – who will be responsible for ensuring the company's research analysts have access to the companies they are researching – joins Shaw and Partners from CIMB Securities in Hong Kong where she coordinated conferences, events and corporate access for the company across the region.
She has also coordinated corporate access for the Macquarie Group both in Hong Kong and London.
Commenting on their appointments, Shaw and Partners head of equities Mike Ryan said Mr Zuk's and Ms Ridley's appointments will expand the company's institutional business and develop its facilitation services.
Mr Ryan added that he is looking at making further expert appointments within the next few months.
"We have made some changes during the past few months and our main focus is meeting the demands and expectations of our clients," he said.
"As a business, we are much more externally focused than we were previously and the establishment of the Shaw and Partners Foundation (a charitable foundation to provide a platform for staff members to have greater participation in community service) is playing a major role in allowing us to connect to our clients at all levels."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Nov 2018FASEA standards still raise questions: AFABy Eliot Hastie
- 20 Nov 2018Industry group slams ‘cosmetic’ changes by FASEABy James Mitchell
- 20 Nov 2018‘Culture’ at the heart of CBA advice failingsBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Nov 2018Netwealth reveals new licensee partnershipBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Nov 2018ClearView launches dealer services offerBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Nov 2018Lonsec introduces super research to advisersBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all