A former director of AMP's SMSF Solutions has been appointed to the newly created role of general manager policy, professionalism and marketing at the AFA, as it pushes further into the consumer market.
Samantha Clarke will be accountable for the public policy, association professionalism, and marketing and communication strategies for the industry body.
She will also be responsibile for the AFA-to-consumer initiatives, including Your Best Interests (YBI), and delivery of the AFA's market leading events.
Ms Clarke has had a 25-year track record in financial services, including leading roles with Macquarie, Rothschild, MLC and most recently, consulting in B2B FinTech development supporting adviser efficiency and small-business growth.
She was also the former head of marketing at AMP, before taking on the position with SMSF Solutions.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said he is delighted to have someone with Ms Clarke's wealth of experience, values and vast knowledge join the AFA team.
"Samantha brings an extra dimension to the AFA team that will see us build upon the relevance we hold in the areas of policy and professionalism."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all