A former director of AMP's SMSF Solutions has been appointed to the newly created role of general manager policy, professionalism and marketing at the AFA, as it pushes further into the consumer market.
Samantha Clarke will be accountable for the public policy, association professionalism, and marketing and communication strategies for the industry body.
She will also be responsibile for the AFA-to-consumer initiatives, including Your Best Interests (YBI), and delivery of the AFA's market leading events.
Ms Clarke has had a 25-year track record in financial services, including leading roles with Macquarie, Rothschild, MLC and most recently, consulting in B2B FinTech development supporting adviser efficiency and small-business growth.
She was also the former head of marketing at AMP, before taking on the position with SMSF Solutions.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said he is delighted to have someone with Ms Clarke's wealth of experience, values and vast knowledge join the AFA team.
"Samantha brings an extra dimension to the AFA team that will see us build upon the relevance we hold in the areas of policy and professionalism."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Aug 2017O’Dwyer announces EDR panelBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Advisers must become ‘lifestyle coaches’: ZurichBy Jessica Yun
- 22 Aug 2017Elders signs 18th advice practiceBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017AIA launches ‘Claims on Wheels’By Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017Cost and risk hold back open APLsBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 22 Aug 2017Majority of Aussies have no retirement plan: researchBy Staff Reporter
- view all