IOOF has confirmed it has approached Hub24 with an indicative, non-binding and conditional proposal to acquire 100 per cent of Hub24's shares.
The announcement came after the ASX requested Hub24, in response to representations made in the media, to reveal the identity of the unrelated party who had submitted the proposal, which was announced on the ASX on Friday.
Hub24 has requested a trading halt session until Thursday or until an announcement is released to the market.
"IOOF has an extensive acquisition history and is known for taking a disciplined approach to transactions. As IOOF has regularly advised the market, it is prepared to pursue acquisitions if they are a strategic fit and priced reasonably," the financial services giant said in a statement.
"Discussions with HUB24 are at an early stage and there is no certainty that the approach will lead to a transaction."
The directors of Hub24 are currently evaluating the proposal and intend to update the market in due course.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all