IOOF has confirmed it has approached Hub24 with an indicative, non-binding and conditional proposal to acquire 100 per cent of Hub24's shares.
The announcement came after the ASX requested Hub24, in response to representations made in the media, to reveal the identity of the unrelated party who had submitted the proposal, which was announced on the ASX on Friday.
Hub24 has requested a trading halt session until Thursday or until an announcement is released to the market.
"IOOF has an extensive acquisition history and is known for taking a disciplined approach to transactions. As IOOF has regularly advised the market, it is prepared to pursue acquisitions if they are a strategic fit and priced reasonably," the financial services giant said in a statement.
"Discussions with HUB24 are at an early stage and there is no certainty that the approach will lead to a transaction."
The directors of Hub24 are currently evaluating the proposal and intend to update the market in due course.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 10:05Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 10:09New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all