DomaCom has been awarded a "best disruptive product" accolade for introducing a new way in which people can invest in housing in Australia, the company said in a statement.
At the Afiniation Showcase Awards recently, DomaCom's Fractional Property Investment platform was recognised as the product with the "most disruptive effect on the current market and participants", the statement said.
"I am very pleased to have the disruptive nature of the DomaCom Fractional Property Investment platform recognised by winning the Afiniation Showcase Disrupter Award," said DomaCom's chief executive, Arthur Naoumidis.
"Our objective in creating DomaCom was to make property more easily available and affordable to investors by eliminating the need to buy a whole property."
Marc Evans, Afiniation co-founder and head judge, said, "The winner of the disruption category is going to change the way that the financial markets work, moving forward.
"We felt that DomaCom really is a new way to invest in the Australian property market and that this new innovation will fundamentally disrupt the way people can invest in housing in Australia."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018ASIC flexes its muscles at independent advisersBy James Mitchell
- 15 Nov 2018FPA hands down $50,000 fine on Sam HendersonBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018Adviser reviews critical to client retentionBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- view all