Non-institutionally-aligned firm Infocus Wealth Management has appointed a former Suncorp senior executive to its board as an independent non-executive director.
Karen Smith-Pomeroy has been appointed to the role, having recently been a senior executive with Suncorp Group, including in the role of chief risk officer of Suncorp Bank.
Currently, Ms Smith-Pomeroy holds a number of other positions, including director of the Queensland Treasury Corporation, which manages Queensland’s public sector funding and refinancing requirements.
She is also a director of the National Affordable Housing Consortium and is an audit and risk committee member of the Queensland government's Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning.
In addition, Ms Smith-Pomeroy is a Queensland advisory board member of Australian Super.
Infocus Wealth Management chairman Darren Steinhardt said Ms Smith-Pomeroy’s appointment is a “key part” of the company’s board renewal process.
“[This is also a part of] expanding and diversifying our governance capability and experience to lead our organisation on its next phase of growth,” he said.
“With an executive career in the financial services sector spanning more than 30 years, Karen brings exceptional depth of capability to our board.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Mar 2019Westpac announces exit from financial adviceBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- view all