Centuria Life, the investment bonds division of Centuria Capital, has partnered with an accredited training provider to support the delivery of expert aged care financial advice.
The partnership with Aged Care Steps, a specialist provider of aged care accreditation training for advisers, will be a way for advisers to upskill to provide effective aged care advice.
"There's a lot of talk about meeting the financial needs of our ageing demographic but sometimes less action on how to practically address them," said Neil Rogan, Centuria Life's general manager.
Mr Rogan went on to say that, with the number of Australians over 65 set to more than double in the next 40 years, Centuria has seen real demand from advisers wanting to learn how best they can help their clients in retirement and beyond.
"Aged Care Steps has a strong track record of providing advisers with the tools and information they need to meet this demand," he said. "Advisers want to be able to guide their clients through the next stages of life with confidence and with the proper training behind them."
Mr Rogan also pointed to the fast pace of regulatory and associated change in the aged care environment, and said that missing even the nuances of these changes can have a significant effect on client outcomes.
"Coupled with the fact that these clients can be among advisers' most needy and vulnerable, Centuria wanted to take positive action to help address their needs properly," he said.
Louise Biti, director at Aged Care Steps said,"We are pleased to be working with Centuria to upskill advisers to provide effective aged care advice to their clients."
Centuria will sponsor the two-day course in September and November, with plans for further courses throughout the year. The partnership is set to see at least 40 advisers accredited by the end of 2015.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 Sep 2018Royal commission branded as run to ‘political agenda’By Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 26 Sep 2018New ETF to give access to Asian tech giantsBy Eliot Hastie
- 26 Sep 2018Insight fund added to Netwealth platformBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- view all