Insurer AIA Australia has appointed five new members to its distribution team, including former members of TAL, Zurich and BT, in response to the impending transition to the Life Insurance Framework.
The insurer has named Josh Lawrence, a former TAL business development manager, and former BT business development officer Simon Bennett as new client development managers (CDMs) for NSW.
Additionally, AIA has appointed former adviser and Zurich BDM Reon Botha to the role of senior CDM in Western Australia.
Joining Mr Botha in the role of CDM is former Zurich BDM for life risk and general insurance, Johnny Ng.
Also joining the insurer's WA business is former BT Financial senior underwriter Deborah Clayton-Ford who will take up the role of state underwriting and operations manager.
AIA has also named Bruno Santos as a part of the distribution team as senior CDM in Queensland, following the recent promotion of Matthew Wakefield to national key account manager.
Commenting on the appointments, AIA chief retail insurance officer Pina Sciarrone said they are a "reflection of the changing dynamics of the insurance industry".
"We recognise that advisers play a crucial role in providing access to quality, affordable and independent insurance advice for all Australians, and are vital to our success as a business," Ms Sciarrone said.
"We also recognise that when it comes to a long-term approach to the reforms, we believe a partnership approach between insurers and advisers is paramount.
"The new appointments reflect our commitment to assist advisers to grow their revenue streams and retain clients in this environment," she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018‘Never been a better time’ for advice: MorningstarBy Killian Plastow
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all