The AFA has cancelled its scheduled lunch with Assistant Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, with the make-up of Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's ministry still in doubt.
At a press conference earlier this week, Mr Turnbull said the new-look cabinet would be unveiled on Monday.
In a release to media, the AFA said "it is with regret that we announce the lunch event in Melbourne with the Assistant Treasurer has been cancelled".
"With the make-up of Prime Minister Turnbull's Ministry likely to remain in doubt until the end of this week, the AFA has been informed that all party members have been instructed to clear their schedules for a swearing-in ceremony in Canberra on Monday 21 September."
An AFA spokesperson said it was unclear whether the event would be rescheduled.
Meanwhile, the government has maintained its commitment to the FSI process.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:49FASEA names provider for adviser examBy Adrian Flores
- 09:46Former Liberal leader to join Crescent boardBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- view all