The AFA has cancelled its scheduled lunch with Assistant Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, with the make-up of Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's ministry still in doubt.
At a press conference earlier this week, Mr Turnbull said the new-look cabinet would be unveiled on Monday.
In a release to media, the AFA said "it is with regret that we announce the lunch event in Melbourne with the Assistant Treasurer has been cancelled".
"With the make-up of Prime Minister Turnbull's Ministry likely to remain in doubt until the end of this week, the AFA has been informed that all party members have been instructed to clear their schedules for a swearing-in ceremony in Canberra on Monday 21 September."
An AFA spokesperson said it was unclear whether the event would be rescheduled.
Meanwhile, the government has maintained its commitment to the FSI process.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all