The AFA has cancelled its scheduled lunch with Assistant Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, with the make-up of Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's ministry still in doubt.
At a press conference earlier this week, Mr Turnbull said the new-look cabinet would be unveiled on Monday.
In a release to media, the AFA said "it is with regret that we announce the lunch event in Melbourne with the Assistant Treasurer has been cancelled".
"With the make-up of Prime Minister Turnbull's Ministry likely to remain in doubt until the end of this week, the AFA has been informed that all party members have been instructed to clear their schedules for a swearing-in ceremony in Canberra on Monday 21 September."
An AFA spokesperson said it was unclear whether the event would be rescheduled.
Meanwhile, the government has maintained its commitment to the FSI process.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all