The AFA has cancelled its scheduled lunch with Assistant Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, with the make-up of Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's ministry still in doubt.
At a press conference earlier this week, Mr Turnbull said the new-look cabinet would be unveiled on Monday.
In a release to media, the AFA said "it is with regret that we announce the lunch event in Melbourne with the Assistant Treasurer has been cancelled".
"With the make-up of Prime Minister Turnbull's Ministry likely to remain in doubt until the end of this week, the AFA has been informed that all party members have been instructed to clear their schedules for a swearing-in ceremony in Canberra on Monday 21 September."
An AFA spokesperson said it was unclear whether the event would be rescheduled.
Meanwhile, the government has maintained its commitment to the FSI process.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all