The AFA has cancelled its scheduled lunch with Assistant Treasurer Josh Frydenberg, with the make-up of Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's ministry still in doubt.
At a press conference earlier this week, Mr Turnbull said the new-look cabinet would be unveiled on Monday.
In a release to media, the AFA said "it is with regret that we announce the lunch event in Melbourne with the Assistant Treasurer has been cancelled".
"With the make-up of Prime Minister Turnbull's Ministry likely to remain in doubt until the end of this week, the AFA has been informed that all party members have been instructed to clear their schedules for a swearing-in ceremony in Canberra on Monday 21 September."
An AFA spokesperson said it was unclear whether the event would be rescheduled.
Meanwhile, the government has maintained its commitment to the FSI process.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all