US-based fund manager Marsico Capital Management has partnered with Channel Capital to help promote Marsico's global equities strategy.
According to a statement by Channel Capital, Marsico's performance sits in the top quartile of global equities managers worldwide.
Australian investors will have access to the strategy via Channel Capital as well as Future Generation, a philanthropic listed investment company (LIC), the statement said.
"One of our affiliated managers, Discovery, participated in Future Generation's Australian Equities LIC, so we were familiar with the group and the great work they do to change the lives of less fortunate Australian children," said Channel Capital managing director, Glen Holding.
"When I mentioned it to Tom [Marsico], he understood the importance of the initiative and thought there was no better way to kick off the Australian launch than to participate in the Future Generation global LIC."
Commenting on the partnership, Mr Marsico said that "offering our investment capabilities directly to Australian investors has been a priority for some time now".
"The new partnership with Channel Capital allows us to do this efficiently and our participation in the Future Generation initiative creates a virtuous circle. That's a good place to start," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all