The AFA has announced the finalists of the Adviser of the Year, Practice of the Year and Female Excellence in Advice awards.
In partnership with Zurich, the AFA named PJ Byrne of Millennium3-aligned firm Mr Insurance; David Reed of Millenium3-aligned firm The Retirement Advice Centre; and Catherine Robson of Apogee-aligned Affinity Private among the finalists for Adviser of the Year.
Of the finalists for Practice of the Year, the AFA named Charter Financial Planning-aligned firm Announcer; Securitor-aligned Kearney Group; and Australian Advice Network-aligned Robina Financial Services.
The finalists for this year's Female Excellence in Advice Award – which is presented in partnership with life insurer TAL – are Esther Althaus of AMP-aligned practice Perspective Financial Services; Tricia Peters of PetersMcKeown; and Sharon Walker from NAB.
AFA chief exectuive Brad Fox said the standard of this year's nominees has been "outstanding".
"The financial advice community can be deservedly proud of the quality of advice being given in Australia," he said.
"The grand finalists are, each in their own way, outstanding performers that exemplify the creation of client value through quality financial advice, service and professionalism."
Winners of the awards will be announced at this year's AFA National Adviser Conference in Cairns from 25 to 27 October.
The winner of the Female Excellence in Advice award will receive a full scholarship, valued at $10,000, to complete either a postgraduate certificate in management or an executive education leadership development program run by the Macquarie Graduate School of Management.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Government beefs up ASIC capabilitiesBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Labor super gender gap proposals meet FSC approvalBy Adrian Flores
- view all