The AFA has announced the finalists of the Adviser of the Year, Practice of the Year and Female Excellence in Advice awards.
In partnership with Zurich, the AFA named PJ Byrne of Millennium3-aligned firm Mr Insurance; David Reed of Millenium3-aligned firm The Retirement Advice Centre; and Catherine Robson of Apogee-aligned Affinity Private among the finalists for Adviser of the Year.
Of the finalists for Practice of the Year, the AFA named Charter Financial Planning-aligned firm Announcer; Securitor-aligned Kearney Group; and Australian Advice Network-aligned Robina Financial Services.
The finalists for this year's Female Excellence in Advice Award – which is presented in partnership with life insurer TAL – are Esther Althaus of AMP-aligned practice Perspective Financial Services; Tricia Peters of PetersMcKeown; and Sharon Walker from NAB.
AFA chief exectuive Brad Fox said the standard of this year's nominees has been "outstanding".
"The financial advice community can be deservedly proud of the quality of advice being given in Australia," he said.
"The grand finalists are, each in their own way, outstanding performers that exemplify the creation of client value through quality financial advice, service and professionalism."
Winners of the awards will be announced at this year's AFA National Adviser Conference in Cairns from 25 to 27 October.
The winner of the Female Excellence in Advice award will receive a full scholarship, valued at $10,000, to complete either a postgraduate certificate in management or an executive education leadership development program run by the Macquarie Graduate School of Management.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all