The Yellow Brick Road (YBR) Group is set to offer a series of insurance solutions this year through a new partnership with insurance provider MetLife.
YBR said the group's Yellow Brick Road Loan Protect and Vow Loan Protect products will be available from October 2015.
Following the release of these products, YBR said a full suite of white-labelled income protection and life insurance options will also be launched and sold through the company's network, a statement from YBR said.
Commenting on the partnership, YBR executive chairman Mark Bouris said a core part of the company's business is to provide customers with protection against the unexpected.
"When a person secures a mortgage, it is generally the biggest debt they will take on in their life," he said.
"As mortgage sizes significantly grow, Australians still lack the insurance to repay their mortgage if something unexpected happens."
MetLife chief executive Deanne Stewart said the partnership is the "ideal avenue" for the insurer to expand its footprint in the retail market.
"The broker market has been underserviced for some time. This partnership is a means for MetLife to address that service gap with a quality retail insurance offering, utilising YBR's strong network of advisers and brokers," Ms Stewart said.
"For our part, we were attracted not only to Yellow Brick Road's growing network, but also its independence and ethos of challenging and disrupting business-as-usual in the personal finance industry."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:50McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 10:35Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- 10:35Advisers granted statutory declaration rightsBy Adrian Flores
- view all