DomaCom has named corporate adviser Peter Church as non-executive director of its Australian and Singaporean boards.
Mr Church has been appointed to the company's subsidiary, DomaCom Singapore Private, following the opening of a new office in Singapore earlier this year "to cater to the growing interest by Singapore investors in Australian property", according to a statement by DomaCom.
DomaCom Australia chairman Grahame Evans said "the addition of Peter Church to our board and our Singaporean entity's board is a significant appointment for DomaCom".
"His work in South East Asia has been recognised with the Medal of the Order of Australia and will benefit our expansion into this market enormously," he said.
As a lawyer and corporate adviser, Mr Church has spent much of the past 40 years advising those with businesses or seeking to build businesses in south-east Asia and India, the statement said.
DomaCom chief executive Arthur Naoumidis added that "Peter's knowledge and experience in the Asian region will be a great benefit to DomaCom as we press forward in the region".
Mr Church currently chairs AFG Venture Group, an Australian and Asian corporate advisory firm. He is also a special counsel to English law firm, Stephenson Harwood.
He is a non-executive director of the Singapore International Chamber of Commerce as well as of the Indian financial services firm Elara PLC, and others.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- 12 Oct 2018ASIC takes action on compliance breachesBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FPA board announces new chairBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018New adviser capability added to IOOF offeringBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018AFA names new state directorsBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Oct 2018Westpac boss warns against further regulationBy Charbel Kadib
- view all