DomaCom has named corporate adviser Peter Church as non-executive director of its Australian and Singaporean boards.
Mr Church has been appointed to the company's subsidiary, DomaCom Singapore Private, following the opening of a new office in Singapore earlier this year "to cater to the growing interest by Singapore investors in Australian property", according to a statement by DomaCom.
DomaCom Australia chairman Grahame Evans said "the addition of Peter Church to our board and our Singaporean entity's board is a significant appointment for DomaCom".
"His work in South East Asia has been recognised with the Medal of the Order of Australia and will benefit our expansion into this market enormously," he said.
As a lawyer and corporate adviser, Mr Church has spent much of the past 40 years advising those with businesses or seeking to build businesses in south-east Asia and India, the statement said.
DomaCom chief executive Arthur Naoumidis added that "Peter's knowledge and experience in the Asian region will be a great benefit to DomaCom as we press forward in the region".
Mr Church currently chairs AFG Venture Group, an Australian and Asian corporate advisory firm. He is also a special counsel to English law firm, Stephenson Harwood.
He is a non-executive director of the Singapore International Chamber of Commerce as well as of the Indian financial services firm Elara PLC, and others.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018‘Never been a better time’ for advice: MorningstarBy Killian Plastow
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all