Hub24 has appointed the co-founder of advice firm Snowball Group as a non-executive director.
Tony McDonald, who was also a former director of the Investment Funds Association of Australia, has been named as non-executive director, effective 1 September 2015.
Hub24 chairman Bruce Higgins said, "Tony McDonald's appointment as non-executive director strengthens the board skills in financial planning, financial services and leadership in wealth management."
Mr McDonald co-founded the financial planning firm Snowball Group in 2000, which merged with Shadforth in 2011 to become ASX-listed company SFG Australia.
"Tony has since been highly active and engaged in consulting to the financial services sector on an ongoing basis and we look forward to his contribution as a director of HUB24," Mr Higgins said.
Mr McDonald has also held positions with Jardine Fleming Holdings (Hong Kong) and Pacific Mutual Australia.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 11:30Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 11:26US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 11:30Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- view all