BT Financial Group-aligned Securitor has confirmed that Mark Fisher will be its new managing director, a role he has been acting in for the past seven months.
The news comes after the former licensee boss Matt Englund was appointed to the new role of head of workplace super in April.
Mr Fisher says he is especially proud to lead a business with such a strong history.
"Securitor is a strong brand in our industry, testament to the peer-to-peer sharing of ideas, innovation and leaning in that characterises all the advisers who partner with us," he said.
Mr Fisher, who has worked with BT in a range of roles for the past six years, joined Securitor in January 2014 as state manager for New South Wales and Queensland.
Prior to this, he was state manager of Westpac Financial Planning in Queensland and head of bank distribution for BT.
"I bring to Securitor a passion for financial planning and the profession, a strong focus on execution and doing the things we say we are going to do and a real focus on the client and outcomes that our advisers provide," he said.
According to the BT Financial Group's general manager of group licensees, Phil Butterworth, Mr Fisher's appointment represents the next step in the group's growth.
"Mark's appointment reflects the great momentum we currently have across our aligned advice channels to ensure all of our advisers can work in an efficient and sustainable manner while delivering trusted and valued financial advice customers need," Mr Butterworth said.
Mr Fisher holds a bachelor of business, having majored in accounting and banking/finance, a masters of financial management, and a diploma in financial planning.
Securitor currently has more than 400 financial advisers in its network split across more than 200 practices all around Australia.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all