The chief operating officer of the AFA, Phil Anderson, is set to join Netwealth as the new head of governance and advice in October 2015.
Mr Anderson will lead the group's Pathway Licensee Services business and provide compliance, technology, research and education services to more than 200 licensee clients across Australia.
"We are very enthusiastic about Phil's appointment to the Netwealth executive [team]," Netwealth founder and joint managing director Michael Heine said.
"Phil's knowledge, experience and industry standing further strengthens the already strong Netwealth team and delivers even greater governance capabilities to Netwealth, Netwealth Advice Group and our Pathway clients," he said.
Commenting on Mr Anderson's departure, AFA chief exectuive Brad Fox said he had been an "integral part" of the association for four years.
“We would like to take this opportunity to thank Phil for his passionate commitment to support financial advisers and the value of financial advice as he prepares to move to a new role that will see these passions continue," Mr Fox said.
According to the AFA, Mr Anderson will be fulfilling a number of speaking commitments on behalf of the association over the next two months, including at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Cairns.
The association added it is currently filling a number of key roles that will further support members.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Mar 2019Westpac announces exit from financial adviceBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- view all