Robo-advice firm Ignition Wealth has chosen Lonsec as its research provider in order to improve Ignition's online investment advice.
Ignition Wealth managing director Mark Fordree said "the inclusion of Lonsec's quality advice and ratings process in the construction of our model portfolios is another sign of Ignition's commitment to delivering top-notch online investment advice".
Amanda Gillespie, Lonsec Fiscal joint chief executive, said the group is keen to make its research and portfolio construction insight more widely available.
"We believe that there are multiple ways to deliver advice, whether that is via a traditional face-to-face model or through digital-focused groups such as Ignition Wealth," Ms Gillespie said.
"Robo-advice won't replace the traditional advice model; it's a complement to it."
Ms Gillespie said Lonsec has established connections with approximately 7,500 financial advisers.
Lonsec Research will work with Ignition Wealth's investment committee, which will have responsibility for the model portfolios.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all