Robo-advice firm Ignition Wealth has chosen Lonsec as its research provider in order to improve Ignition's online investment advice.
Ignition Wealth managing director Mark Fordree said "the inclusion of Lonsec's quality advice and ratings process in the construction of our model portfolios is another sign of Ignition's commitment to delivering top-notch online investment advice".
Amanda Gillespie, Lonsec Fiscal joint chief executive, said the group is keen to make its research and portfolio construction insight more widely available.
"We believe that there are multiple ways to deliver advice, whether that is via a traditional face-to-face model or through digital-focused groups such as Ignition Wealth," Ms Gillespie said.
"Robo-advice won't replace the traditional advice model; it's a complement to it."
Ms Gillespie said Lonsec has established connections with approximately 7,500 financial advisers.
Lonsec Research will work with Ignition Wealth's investment committee, which will have responsibility for the model portfolios.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2017Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- view all