Robo-advice firm Ignition Wealth has chosen Lonsec as its research provider in order to improve Ignition's online investment advice.
Ignition Wealth managing director Mark Fordree said "the inclusion of Lonsec's quality advice and ratings process in the construction of our model portfolios is another sign of Ignition's commitment to delivering top-notch online investment advice".
Amanda Gillespie, Lonsec Fiscal joint chief executive, said the group is keen to make its research and portfolio construction insight more widely available.
"We believe that there are multiple ways to deliver advice, whether that is via a traditional face-to-face model or through digital-focused groups such as Ignition Wealth," Ms Gillespie said.
"Robo-advice won't replace the traditional advice model; it's a complement to it."
Ms Gillespie said Lonsec has established connections with approximately 7,500 financial advisers.
Lonsec Research will work with Ignition Wealth's investment committee, which will have responsibility for the model portfolios.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:00CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 09:55Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 09:50Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- view all