Non-institutional advice firm Shaw and Partners has picked up former Macquarie executive Mal Cameron to take up the role of head of the firm's Melbourne office.
In an email distributed to the firm's national advice team, Shaw and Partners' head of private wealth, Earl Evans, welcomed Mr Cameron to the new role. He will start with the company in September.
Mr Cameron joins the non-aligned advice firm having spent 20 years as an executive director and as Victorian state manager for Macquarie Group.
"Having worked at the front end as a very successful adviser and in management for as long as he has, Mal will add huge value, not only to our Melbourne office but to Shaw and Partners as a whole," Mr Evans said.
Shaw and Partners also announced the addition of four advisers, who join the company from Macquarie Private Wealth and Patersons Securities.
Joining the firm's Sydney office are former UBS adviser Simon Forbs and former Macquarie Private Wealth adviser Matt Wilkinson.
Joining Shaw and Partners' Melbourne office are former Patersons Securities adviser Nelson Mariz and former Macquarie Private Wealth adviser Marlon Mindel.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- 13 Aug 2018ASIC sets sights on AFSL supervisionBy Reporter
- 13 Aug 2018Licensees will ‘cease to exist’: GPS WealthBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 13 Aug 2018FASEA standards to halve adviser numbersBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all