Industry superannuation fund UniSuper has had each of its advice offices Australia-wide accredited under the FPA's professional practice program.
The move makes the industry fund the first profit-to-member superannuation fund to have a nationwide footprint of FPA practices.
Commenting on the move, UniSuper executive manager of advice Jack McCartney said the "commitment to providing industry best practice advice" is part of the fund's mission to deliver better retirement outcomes.
"We strongly believe in the benefits that quality financial advice can make in helping members – at any stage of their life – achieve their financial goals," Mr McCartney said.
"As FPA professional practices, our advice offices are a trusted environment for our members to seek professional tailored advice across a broad range of topics.
"Our membership base is unique, they are engaged, well-educated and we have privileged access which enables us to design products and solutions – such as our open defined-benefit division – specifically for our members," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Feb 2019KeyInvest reduces administration feeBy Reporter
- 22 Feb 2019ASIC praises new whistleblower lawsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Feb 2019AFA scorns Labor plan to end grandfatheringBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019Paragem appoints new general managerBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Feb 2019CountPlus announces $2.6m profit, makes key acquisitionBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019NAB CEO given $1m payoutBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all