Industry superannuation fund UniSuper has had each of its advice offices Australia-wide accredited under the FPA's professional practice program.
The move makes the industry fund the first profit-to-member superannuation fund to have a nationwide footprint of FPA practices.
Commenting on the move, UniSuper executive manager of advice Jack McCartney said the "commitment to providing industry best practice advice" is part of the fund's mission to deliver better retirement outcomes.
"We strongly believe in the benefits that quality financial advice can make in helping members – at any stage of their life – achieve their financial goals," Mr McCartney said.
"As FPA professional practices, our advice offices are a trusted environment for our members to seek professional tailored advice across a broad range of topics.
"Our membership base is unique, they are engaged, well-educated and we have privileged access which enables us to design products and solutions – such as our open defined-benefit division – specifically for our members," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all