BT Financial Group recently recognised a handful of financial advice firms at the annual Licensee Select and Securitor Awards.
Victoria-based DMG Financial Planning was named winner of the "prestigious" National Practice of the Year award, a BT spokesperson said. The awards event was held at Parliament House in Canberra last month.
Other firms recognised this year by BT Financial Group include Anne Graham of McPhail HLG Financial Planning, who was named Securitor Adviser of the Year, and co-founders Greg Lourens and Paul Roberts of SAM Group, who won Securitor Practice of the Year.
Nathan Treloar of KLW Insurance and Planning was named Rising Star while William Buck Wealth Advisors and Moore Stephens Sydney Wealth Management were Licensee Select Award National finalists.
BT Group Licensees general manager Phil Butterworth said the finalists and winners on the night reflect what is expected of financial planning practices.
"In the modern era of the financial planning industry, leading edge financial advice practices must create a great advice experience for their customers, have this supported by strong and sustainable business processes with a culture wrapped around the whole thing that takes everyone on the journey," he said.
Following an in-depth self-assessment process, the detailed benchmarking of the short-listed practices was developed by the Beddoes Institute before an interview was conducted by Licensee Select or Securitor, said Dr Rebecca Sheils, spokesperson and leading practices program director with the Beddoes Institute
"The calibre of entrants was very high, a quality we have come to know and expect at Licensee Select and Securitor," Mr Butterworth said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Oct 2017Super bills tabled in Federal ParliamentBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 Oct 2017IFAs drive exchange-traded bond demandBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Oct 2017Government to beef up misconduct penaltiesBy Killian Plastow
- 24 Oct 2017CPA hurt by ‘negative undertones’ in financial adviceBy Aleks Vickovich and Katarina Taurian
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- view all