Challenger has launched a new aged care product aimed at providing financial certainty for retirees in aged care.
According to Challenger chief executive of distribution, product and marketing Paul Rogan, CarePlus is aimed at retirees entering or already in aged care and is designed to provide certainty about regular income to help meet care costs and estate planning.
CarePlus consists of a combination of a lifetime annuity, which provides the regular income needed for aged care costs, along with life risk insurance, which Challenger said offers stability around estate planning.
"Due to the complexity of rules, costs and emotions involved in aged care, there is increasing demand for financial adviser support in this specialist area," Mr Rogan said.
"Many retirees and their families are turning to financial advisers to help structure their financial arrangements.
"The aged care market is set to grow significantly due to Australia's ageing population" he said.
CarePlus is available to Australians who are approved by the government's Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) to receive government-subsidised aged care services, either at home or in residential aged care, a statement from Challenger said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all