The FPA has updated the workshop agenda for the association's 2015 Professionals Congress, which will cover technical skills, best practices, personal development and leadership.
Commenting on the updated agenda, FPA chief executive Mark Rantall said the workshops will offer the latest information on legislation, life insurance reforms and the implications of government inquiries.
"We are really excited to bring this year's program to the financial planning community. The 2015 Professionals Congress workshop program has been built to offer a great choice of sessions and the opportunity to tailor your learning experience," Mr Rantall said.
"Our new workshop streams, 'Expand', 'Grow', 'Engage' and 'Inspire', will include a mix of 24 sessions covering diverse areas from technology, through to client communication and people management.
"The program is built by planners, for planners, and each workshop topic has been road-tested and selected based on the needs of financial planners to ensure they are well equipped to operate in our ever changing professional environment," he said.
The FPA's Professionals Congress – which will be held in Brisbane – will have a broad range of keynote speakers including technology and digital futurist Chris Riddell.
"Our Congress speakers and workshops this year have been selected in line with the Congress theme of 'Shaping Futures', which is about inspiring and motivating planners to create better solutions for their clients, hone their personal development goals, and innovate their businesses," Mr Rantall said.
"One of our new workshops this year will be about emerging technology such as robo-advice, and how delegates can better understand and embrace this."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Fund managers charging fees for underperformanceBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Government minister to address AFA conferenceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Netwealth recruits former BT managerBy Reporter
- view all