A former IOOF-aligned executive is now chief executive officer of non-aligned boutique financial services firm MGD Wealth.
John Barton, head of advice at IOOF dealer group Shadforth Financial Group for the past six years, joined MGD Wealth this month, according to his LinkedIn profile.
"I'm very much looking forward to working alongside [executive chairman Paul Bodimeade] and the board to further grow MGD Wealth as a leader in the private wealth management space," Mr Barton said in a statement.
"The opportunity for us to make a difference in a crowded marketplace is enormous as we continue to see a growing number of clients seeking genuinely independent advice that fully integrates all their financial affairs – what we at MGD Wealth call 'Total Wealth Management'," Mr Barton said.
Executive chairman Paul Bodimeade said MGD Wealth's growth in recent years had prompted the firm to appoint Mr Barton.
"This is the start of a new and exciting era for MGD Wealth. The growth we have seen over the past few years has led us to open up this new position and we are delighted that John has come on board," Mr Bodimeade said.
"John comes with a very impressive background featuring extensive high-level experience across the financial services sector. I have known John for many years and he is an outstanding appointment."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all