A former IOOF-aligned executive is now chief executive officer of non-aligned boutique financial services firm MGD Wealth.
John Barton, head of advice at IOOF dealer group Shadforth Financial Group for the past six years, joined MGD Wealth this month, according to his LinkedIn profile.
"I'm very much looking forward to working alongside [executive chairman Paul Bodimeade] and the board to further grow MGD Wealth as a leader in the private wealth management space," Mr Barton said in a statement.
"The opportunity for us to make a difference in a crowded marketplace is enormous as we continue to see a growing number of clients seeking genuinely independent advice that fully integrates all their financial affairs – what we at MGD Wealth call 'Total Wealth Management'," Mr Barton said.
Executive chairman Paul Bodimeade said MGD Wealth's growth in recent years had prompted the firm to appoint Mr Barton.
"This is the start of a new and exciting era for MGD Wealth. The growth we have seen over the past few years has led us to open up this new position and we are delighted that John has come on board," Mr Bodimeade said.
"John comes with a very impressive background featuring extensive high-level experience across the financial services sector. I have known John for many years and he is an outstanding appointment."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Netwealth recruits former BT managerBy Reporter
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- view all