AIA Australia has picked up a well-known risk insurance specialist consultant for the position of distribution strategy manager.
The owner and principal of insurance specialist consultancy firm 19Thirty, Melissa Crawford, joined the life insurer earlier this month, according to Ms Crawford's LinkedIn profile.
Ms Crawford has worked at BT's Securitor, Reinsurance Group of America and held multiple positions at MLC.
In her new role, she will be working with the distribution arm of the insurer "to create leading strategies and tools" in order to help advisers.
Based in Melbourne, Ms Crawford's consultancy practice provided support to businesses, advisers and clients around the areas of risk insurance.
Earlier this year, Ms Crawford worked alongside Zurich in conducting a series of workshops titled 'Cracking the Life Insurance Code'.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jul 2018Advisers must take early action on techBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Jul 2018Two million Australians seeking advice: Roy MorganBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Jul 2018Client numbers continue to fall: researchBy Tim Stewart
- 18 Jul 2018Banks continue to exit SMSF lendingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018Westpac drops SMSF loansBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018MLC names Geoff Lloyd as CEOBy Reporter
- view all