AIA Australia has picked up a well-known risk insurance specialist consultant for the position of distribution strategy manager.
The owner and principal of insurance specialist consultancy firm 19Thirty, Melissa Crawford, joined the life insurer earlier this month, according to Ms Crawford's LinkedIn profile.
Ms Crawford has worked at BT's Securitor, Reinsurance Group of America and held multiple positions at MLC.
In her new role, she will be working with the distribution arm of the insurer "to create leading strategies and tools" in order to help advisers.
Based in Melbourne, Ms Crawford's consultancy practice provided support to businesses, advisers and clients around the areas of risk insurance.
Earlier this year, Ms Crawford worked alongside Zurich in conducting a series of workshops titled 'Cracking the Life Insurance Code'.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all