AIA Australia has picked up a well-known risk insurance specialist consultant for the position of distribution strategy manager.
The owner and principal of insurance specialist consultancy firm 19Thirty, Melissa Crawford, joined the life insurer earlier this month, according to Ms Crawford's LinkedIn profile.
Ms Crawford has worked at BT's Securitor, Reinsurance Group of America and held multiple positions at MLC.
In her new role, she will be working with the distribution arm of the insurer "to create leading strategies and tools" in order to help advisers.
Based in Melbourne, Ms Crawford's consultancy practice provided support to businesses, advisers and clients around the areas of risk insurance.
Earlier this year, Ms Crawford worked alongside Zurich in conducting a series of workshops titled 'Cracking the Life Insurance Code'.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018ASIC flexes its muscles at independent advisersBy James Mitchell
- 15 Nov 2018FPA hands down $50,000 fine on Sam HendersonBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018Adviser reviews critical to client retentionBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- view all