Boutique investment firm Instreet Investment has appointed a former Citi financial adviser to its sales team.
Marcus Obermeder will join as sales director, structured investments and wealth management.
Prior to his appointment at Instreet, Obermeder was manager for structured products, investments and wealth management at Citi.
Before that, he was a senior wealth specialist, also at Citi.
"As market demand for structured products matures, especially for bespoke and high-net-worth investor solutions, it will be Marcus' responsibility to strengthen relationships in the wealth management sector, targeting wholesale and sophisticated investors," Instreet managing director George Lucas said.
At the same time, James Poon has been named as head of product development, bringing with him experience from Westpac and the Royal Bank of Scotland.
"In a market that's constantly changing, we apply market knowledge, innovation and intelligence to deliver a suite of relevant structured products to suit the investment climate and investor preferences," Mr Lucas said.
"[Mr Poon] will work closely with our select group of leading international financial institutions to deliver tailored solutions."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:36Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 09:36Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- 09:36Synchron launches app for adviser developmentBy Reporter
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- view all