Boutique investment firm Instreet Investment has appointed a former Citi financial adviser to its sales team.
Marcus Obermeder will join as sales director, structured investments and wealth management.
Prior to his appointment at Instreet, Obermeder was manager for structured products, investments and wealth management at Citi.
Before that, he was a senior wealth specialist, also at Citi.
"As market demand for structured products matures, especially for bespoke and high-net-worth investor solutions, it will be Marcus' responsibility to strengthen relationships in the wealth management sector, targeting wholesale and sophisticated investors," Instreet managing director George Lucas said.
At the same time, James Poon has been named as head of product development, bringing with him experience from Westpac and the Royal Bank of Scotland.
"In a market that's constantly changing, we apply market knowledge, innovation and intelligence to deliver a suite of relevant structured products to suit the investment climate and investor preferences," Mr Lucas said.
"[Mr Poon] will work closely with our select group of leading international financial institutions to deliver tailored solutions."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Dec 2018FASEA names provider for adviser examBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Dec 2018Former Liberal leader to join Crescent boardBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- view all