Boutique investment firm Instreet Investment has appointed a former Citi financial adviser to its sales team.
Marcus Obermeder will join as sales director, structured investments and wealth management.
Prior to his appointment at Instreet, Obermeder was manager for structured products, investments and wealth management at Citi.
Before that, he was a senior wealth specialist, also at Citi.
"As market demand for structured products matures, especially for bespoke and high-net-worth investor solutions, it will be Marcus' responsibility to strengthen relationships in the wealth management sector, targeting wholesale and sophisticated investors," Instreet managing director George Lucas said.
At the same time, James Poon has been named as head of product development, bringing with him experience from Westpac and the Royal Bank of Scotland.
"In a market that's constantly changing, we apply market knowledge, innovation and intelligence to deliver a suite of relevant structured products to suit the investment climate and investor preferences," Mr Lucas said.
"[Mr Poon] will work closely with our select group of leading international financial institutions to deliver tailored solutions."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all