A former CommInsure executive has been hired by life insurer MetLife to take up the newly-created head of individual insurance role.
Gary Bailison has been appointed to the role, having previously worked with CommInsure as head of retail advice product and pricing.
According to MetLife, Mr Bailison will be responsible for the overall management and profitability of the individual insurance business, and will work closely with the insurer's distribution partners.
The creation of Mr Bailison's role signifies the insurer's commitment to establishing a stronger presence in the individual insurance sector, a statement from MetLife said.
Along with Mr Bailison, MetLife also appointed Andrew Hosie as wellbeing stream lead.
Mr Hosie previously worked for Sydney Trains/RailCorp where he was responsible for developing preventative health management programs and implementing strategies to improve the health and safety of the company.
Both Mr Bailison and Mr Hosie's appointments follow the recent appointment of former ANZ Wealth employee Maria Crocker.
Commenting on the appointments, MetLife Australia chief product and marketing officer Tim Tez said they will drive growth that is "integral" to the firm's business.
"Andrew will drive innovation in our products and services in the group market while Gary's expertise and track record in product development will be a welcome contribution as the individual insurance market becomes increasingly important to MetLife in Australia," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Mar 2018FSC appoints CBA executive GM to boardBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018TAL Direct refunds $900,000By Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018Open banking to improve advice accessibility: XinjaBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018Former Macquarie exec named CPA CEOBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Mar 2018Fintech Business Awards 2018 winners announcedBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Mar 2018CommInsure launches digital claims serviceBy Staff Reporter
- view all