The AFA has announced its national Life Insurance Roadshow will be held later this month to explore the challenges and opportunities arising from the Life Insurance Framework.
The event is also aimed at helping advisers prepare for the changes to come, according to a statement by the association.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the roadshow is the AFA's "next step" toward helping advisers address the framework.
"Advisers have told us that they need support to adapt to the proposed changes. They want the opportunity to workshop how to most successfully use hybrid commissions, how to help clients accept a separate advice fee, perhaps alongside a commission, and how to deal with the three-year clawback danger," he said.
The roadshow will kick off in Hobart on 25 August and travel to all major capital cities, the statement said. It will feature keynote speaker PJ Byrne, a finalist for the 2014 AFA's Adviser of the Year award, who will share his own experiences from his recent transition from upfront commissions to hybrid commission plus a fee.
Risk advice "legend" Russell Collins will also talk about how to reduce the risk of the three-year clawback. Elixir Consulting's Sue Viskovic and organisational psychologist David Peake will also participate.
"The workshop event will conclude with an interactive Q&A session with the panel of experts and a senior representative from each of the roadshow partners – AIA, TAL and Zurich – who are all supporting advisers by partnering with the AFA on the roadshow," the statement said.
For more information on the Life Insurance Roadshow, and to register, visit the AFA website.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Government beefs up ASIC capabilitiesBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Labor super gender gap proposals meet FSC approvalBy Adrian Flores
- view all