Netwealth's platform has been boosted through the addition of an Altius Sustainable Bond, an effort to increase its offering of ethical investment options.
The Altius Sustainable Bond Fund is a diversified Australian fixed income fund that aligns with responsible environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG)principles.
Bill Bovingdon, Altius chief investment officer, said there are few fixed interest investments on the market that offer a sustainable overlay.
"But we were aware there was demand for such an option, and since launching the fund we have seen a very high level of interest, particularly from not-for-profit organisations," Mr Bovingdon said.
"We also expect demand from other institutional investors, as well as retail investors, to continue to grow as ESG approaches gain in popularity, so achieving this platform listing is a major milestone for the fund."
Netwealth joint managing director Matt Heine reinforced that there is significant demand for ethical investment options.
"Recent research findings from our members and investors show they are interested in accessing more ethical and sustainable options, and we are committed to providing a wide range of investment choices in response to those demands," said Mr Heine.
Companies excluded from the fund are those whose activities involve armaments, gambling, tobacco, pornography, alcohol or the production or sale of thermal coal.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 12 Nov 2018InvestSMART launches maxed feesBy Sarah Simpkins
- 13 Nov 2018Advice demand soaring despite reputation hitBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018Former premier, advisers sound alarm on sex discriminationBy James Mitchell
- 12 Nov 2018Labor franking credit plan slammed by inquiry chairBy Eliot Hastie
- 12 Nov 2018Finance sector rife with data breachesBy Adrian Flores
- 9 Nov 2018CBA blames industry misconduct on licenseesBy James Mitchell
- view all