Australia's leading non-aligned financial advice businesses and practitioners have been recognised at the second annual ifa Excellence Awards event in Sydney.
The ifa Excellence Awards celebrate best practice advice provision and business acumen in the independently-owned sector of the financial planning market.
Chris Smith from VISIS Private Wealth has been awarded the coveted ifa Excellence Award, chosen from among the winners of the individual adviser awards.
Over 350 of the nation's top advisers and industry executives gathered at Doltone House on Jones Bay Wharf for the second annual ifa awards, created to recognise professional excellence and highlight the sector's top individuals and businesses.
Russell Stephenson, head of wealth at Sterling Publishing (publisher of ifa), said the awards are a strong endorsement of the important work being conducted by independent and non-aligned advice professionals across the country, helping people to achieve their financial goals.
"The calibre of the entries this year is testament to the strength of the IFA market and I would like to congratulate all the finalists and the winners," he said.
Other winners announced today are:
• Industry Thought Leader: Santi Burridge, Implemented Portfolios
• Practice Principal of the Year: Ravi Agarwal, MEDIQ Financial Services
• Boutique Firm of the Year: VISIS Private Wealth
• Dealer Group of the Year: GPS Wealth Ltd
• ifa Editor's Choice Award: Charles Badenach, Main Street Financial Solutions
• Best New Licensee: Astute Financial Services
• Best Client Servicing (company): Modoras Financial Performance Solutions
• Best Client Servicing (individual): Chris Smith, VISIS Private Wealth
• Innovator of the Year (company): Infocus Wealth Management
• Innovator of the Year (individual): Philippa Sheehan, MyPlanner Australia
• SMSF Adviser of the Year: Chris Morcom, Hewison Private Wealth
• Multi-service Practitioner of the Year: Ravi Agarwal, MEDIQ Financial Services
• Risk Adviser of the year: Aaron Zelman, MediBroker
• Investment Adviser of the year: Cameron Howlett, Moran Howlett Financial Planning
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Apr 2018NAB loses appetite to authorise advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 24 Apr 2018NAB exec confirms advice sale on the cardsBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Apr 2018Neil Rogan departs CenturiaBy Reporter
- 23 Apr 2018Banks should foot RC bill: HansonBy Jessica Yun
- 23 Apr 2018AMP admits keeping Dover in darkBy Killian Plastow and Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Apr 2018Storm litigator mulls AMP class actionBy Reporter
- view all