Exchange traded funds (ETF) provider BetaShares has made four new staff appointments across its portfolio management division, including naming a new chief investment officer.
BetaShares has promoted Louis Crous to the role of CIO. Mr Crous, according to the ETF provider, joined BetaShares before the launch of the company's first ETF and has overseen portfolio management for the company since its inception.
Previously Mr Crous was a senior investment product specialist at nabInvest, the direct investment business of NAB.
BetaShares also said Thomas Reif has joined the company as the head of quantitative research and portfolio manager.
Prior to joining BetaShares, Mr Reif held portfolio management roles in firms such as State Street Global Advisers, JP Morgan and Dimensional Advisers.
The ETF provider has also recruited Sarah Hare as the new marketing manager and David Whitby as an account manager, adviser services.
Ms Hare was most recently with Macquarie Bank, where she managed content marketing across the bank's adviser, personal and business banking channels.
Mr Whitby was most recently a fund manager with GMO Australia and has previously worked at Suncorp and BT Funds Management.
"We are strengthening our research and portfolio management capabilities as our business continues to grow," BetaShares managing director Alex Vynokur said.
"The new additions to our team position BetaShares strongly to take advantage of continuing rapid growth in the ETF market over the rest of 2015 and beyond."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018ASIC flexes its muscles at independent advisersBy James Mitchell
- 15 Nov 2018FPA hands down $50,000 fine on Sam HendersonBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018Adviser reviews critical to client retentionBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- view all