Mercer has named former MLC executive Brian Zanker as its new sales leader, investment and financial services.
In the newly created role Mr Zanker will report to Ben Walsh, managing director and market leader for Mercer in Pacific, according to a statement by Mercer.
Mr Zanker brings to the role almost 30 years of experience in the financial services industry, which most recently included roles as head of business development at JANA Investment Advisers, Plum Financial Services and MLC Group Insurance, the statement said.
“Competition within super funds market has never been as fierce and we have steadily and strategically been transforming our services to help our clients not only weather, but thrive, in this environment,” Mr Walsh said.
“Brian has the ideal mix of experience and desire to make a difference and to take the collective capability of our investments and financial services businesses to market, driving continued growth and more broadly improving our client engagement capabilities.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018ASIC flexes its muscles at independent advisersBy James Mitchell
- 15 Nov 2018FPA hands down $50,000 fine on Sam HendersonBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018Adviser reviews critical to client retentionBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- view all