The AllianceBernstein (AB) Emerging Consumer Fund has received a 'Recommended' rating from research house Lonsec.
In its review of the fund, Lonsec described grassroots research as a "unique approach which may yield unique insights into emerging consumer trends".
The fund is designed for investors with appropriate risk tolerances who want the potential for long-term capital growth and some income by investing in global equity securities. It invests anywhere in the world in companies that are expected to benefit from consumption growth in emerging markets.
Launched on 30 April 2015, the fund has been seeded and is available to investors.
"Investors are beginning to understand the size and potential of this opportunity, but most are unsure how to access it," said Tassos Stassopoulos, AB portfolio manager – emerging consumer.
"We believe the best way to take advantage of it is by using what we call 'grassroots research'," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all