The AllianceBernstein (AB) Emerging Consumer Fund has received a 'Recommended' rating from research house Lonsec.
In its review of the fund, Lonsec described grassroots research as a "unique approach which may yield unique insights into emerging consumer trends".
The fund is designed for investors with appropriate risk tolerances who want the potential for long-term capital growth and some income by investing in global equity securities. It invests anywhere in the world in companies that are expected to benefit from consumption growth in emerging markets.
Launched on 30 April 2015, the fund has been seeded and is available to investors.
"Investors are beginning to understand the size and potential of this opportunity, but most are unsure how to access it," said Tassos Stassopoulos, AB portfolio manager – emerging consumer.
"We believe the best way to take advantage of it is by using what we call 'grassroots research'," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018Hayne commission driving adviser tech shiftBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018InvestSMART launches maxed feesBy Sarah Simpkins
- 13 Nov 2018Advice demand soaring despite reputation hitBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018Former premier, advisers sound alarm on sex discriminationBy James Mitchell
- view all