The AllianceBernstein (AB) Emerging Consumer Fund has received a 'Recommended' rating from research house Lonsec.
In its review of the fund, Lonsec described grassroots research as a "unique approach which may yield unique insights into emerging consumer trends".
The fund is designed for investors with appropriate risk tolerances who want the potential for long-term capital growth and some income by investing in global equity securities. It invests anywhere in the world in companies that are expected to benefit from consumption growth in emerging markets.
Launched on 30 April 2015, the fund has been seeded and is available to investors.
"Investors are beginning to understand the size and potential of this opportunity, but most are unsure how to access it," said Tassos Stassopoulos, AB portfolio manager – emerging consumer.
"We believe the best way to take advantage of it is by using what we call 'grassroots research'," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jul 2018Westpac drops SMSF loansBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018MLC names Geoff Lloyd as CEOBy Reporter
- 17 Jul 2018Infocus makes two senior appointmentsBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Jul 2018Fitzpatricks appoints new CFOBy Reporter
- 16 Jul 2018Adviser incentives still valuable: ElixirBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Jul 2018Clients to benefit from commission ban: PollBy Killian Plastow
- view all