The AllianceBernstein (AB) Emerging Consumer Fund has received a 'Recommended' rating from research house Lonsec.
In its review of the fund, Lonsec described grassroots research as a "unique approach which may yield unique insights into emerging consumer trends".
The fund is designed for investors with appropriate risk tolerances who want the potential for long-term capital growth and some income by investing in global equity securities. It invests anywhere in the world in companies that are expected to benefit from consumption growth in emerging markets.
Launched on 30 April 2015, the fund has been seeded and is available to investors.
"Investors are beginning to understand the size and potential of this opportunity, but most are unsure how to access it," said Tassos Stassopoulos, AB portfolio manager – emerging consumer.
"We believe the best way to take advantage of it is by using what we call 'grassroots research'," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Government beefs up ASIC capabilitiesBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Labor super gender gap proposals meet FSC approvalBy Adrian Flores
- view all