The AllianceBernstein (AB) Emerging Consumer Fund has received a 'Recommended' rating from research house Lonsec.
In its review of the fund, Lonsec described grassroots research as a "unique approach which may yield unique insights into emerging consumer trends".
The fund is designed for investors with appropriate risk tolerances who want the potential for long-term capital growth and some income by investing in global equity securities. It invests anywhere in the world in companies that are expected to benefit from consumption growth in emerging markets.
Launched on 30 April 2015, the fund has been seeded and is available to investors.
"Investors are beginning to understand the size and potential of this opportunity, but most are unsure how to access it," said Tassos Stassopoulos, AB portfolio manager – emerging consumer.
"We believe the best way to take advantage of it is by using what we call 'grassroots research'," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Advisers recognised at Women in Finance AwardsBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- view all