Financial advisers using Praemium's SuperSMA platform will now be able to offer clients Zurich's suite of life insurance products.
Praemium commercial director Andrew Varlamos said the inclusion of Zurich's products on the platform provided more choice and flexibility for advisers.
"As an independent 'open architecture' platform we know that advisers value a choice of insurance options to help them look after the best interests of all their clients," he said.
Zurich head of distribution Kristine Brooks said the agreement comes at an "opportune" moment given the increasing demand from licensees to write its insurance products through Praemium's platform.
"We are confident that our wealth protection suite of life risk insurances, which include regular product updates and automatic benefit upgrades for clients, not only provide a great option for using advisers but also complements the spirit of innovation and service for a modern investor, which is inherent in Praemium's philosophy," she said.
Also commenting on the addition of Zurich to the platform non-institutionally aligned financial services provider Infocus Group managing director Rod Bristow said he was "pleased" about the move.
"Through our two dealer groups, Infocus and Patron, we place a lot of value in Praemium's independence and we know they can act quickly to help provide freedom for our advisers and their clients through wider choice of insurance providers on the platform," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Sep 2018McMaster slams ASIC: ‘They knew about our CPP in 2016’By James Mitchell
- 17 Sep 2018ASIC wants a confession from McMasterBy James Mitchell
- 17 Sep 2018ASIC takes Dover director to courtBy James Mitchell
- 17 Sep 2018ASIC gives permanent ban to unlicensed adviserBy Adrian Flores
- view all