Morningstar-owned Ibbotson Associates has hired a former Midwinter business development manager to take up a similar role within its distribution team.
Having worked within Midwinter's software sales and support division for the past seven years, Reda Daher has now taken on the BDM role with Ibbotson Associates.
Ibbotson's head of distribution, Matthew Esler, told ifa Mr Daher's appointment comes at a time when the company is looking to expand its distribution team.
"[Mr Daher] will be based in Sydney, working with a team of six and myself," Mr Esler said.
"Within that team we will [also] be looking to bring on at least three or four members in the next few months."
Commenting on Mr Daher's departure from Midwinter, managing director Julian Plummer said the company is now "actively recruiting" to fill his position.
"Reda has been an ongoing asset to Midwinter and we wish him well as he pursues new opportunities within the finance sector," Mr Plummer said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 11 Dec 2018ASIC cancels AFSL of Queensland groupBy Eliot Hastie
- 11 Dec 2018Liberal Party has done ‘almost nothing’ for advisersBy James Mitchell
- 11 Dec 2018Better advice complaints resolution needed, says ASICBy Adrian Flores
- 11 Dec 2018Wealth management holders unlikely to seek adviceBy Sarah Simpkins
- 10 Dec 2018Only 12% of advice practices have exit plansBy Adrian Flores
- 10 Dec 2018CIPRs need to account for future mortality rates, study findsBy Adrian Flores
- view all